Police Nab Two ‘One Chance’ Robbers Behind Killing of 23-Year-Old Grace Godwin in Abuja



…Victim strangled after recognizing suspects from same community — Police

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has arrested two notorious members of a “one chance” robbery syndicate responsible for the murder of 23-year-old Miss Grace Godwin in Abuja.

In a statement issued by the Command’s spokesperson, SP Josephine Adeh, the police said the suspects — Kabiru Abdullahi, 25, and Solomon Tanko, 35 — were arrested following an intelligence-led operation by the Command’s Scorpion Squad.

According to the statement, on July 12, 2025, police received a distress report that the unconscious body of a young woman had been found by the roadside along Iya Abubakar Street, Life Camp. Officers quickly responded to the scene, and the victim, later identified as Miss Grace Godwin, was taken to the hospital, where she was confirmed dead.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased, who worked as a fuel pump attendant, had closed from work on July 11 and unknowingly boarded a vehicle operated by the “one chance” robbery gang.

Acting on the directive of the FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Miller Dantawaye, detectives launched a discreet investigation using digital reconstructive intelligence to track down the suspects.

The police said further investigations uncovered that the victim recognized some of the attackers, who were residents of the same Dape community where she lived. In an attempt to silence her, suspect Kabiru Abdullahi reportedly strangled her with a plastic nylon bag after she bit his finger while struggling for her life.

Items recovered from the suspects include a golden-colored Toyota Camry (popularly known as “Pencil Light”) and plastic nylon bags used in committing the crime.

Efforts are ongoing to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.

CP Dantawaye commended the Scorpion Squad for their swift and professional work and extended condolences to the family of the late Grace Godwin.

He reaffirmed the Command’s commitment to protecting lives and property across the Federal Capital Territory, vowing that those responsible for the heinous act will face justice.

© 2025, Standard Focus. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from STANDARD FOCUS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *